Promotion of ICONIC ITN and EU Horizon 2020 MSCA programme in Trinidad and Tobago
10th January 2018
By Geoffrey Neale
My name is Geoffrey Neale and I am an ICONIC affiliated PhD student based at Ulster University in Belfast (UK). I travelled to my home country of Trinidad and Tobago in December 2017 and was invited to present at a meeting of the Sixth Formers’ Association at the Carapichima East Secondary School in Freeport, Trinidad.
My presentation was aimed at promoting the ICONIC ITN, the EU Horizon 2020 MSCA programme and STEM research to high school and undergraduate university students. The 40 students in attendance showed great interest in ICONIC and the MSCA initiative, engaging in animated discussions and asking a plethora of really thought-out and challenging questions. Following my presentation and general discussions, I had one-on-one conversations with some of the students, helping them understand how best to position themselves in STEM careers.
The Sixth Formers’ Association is unique in that it is a group of over 200 students with different backgrounds, and across different schools and universities in Trinidad. It truly was a pleasure to be able to talk with a portion of those students and I look forward to following up with them in the future.
- ESR conducting outreach – BOGY (Berufsorientierung an Gymnasien)
- ESRs participating in STEM primary school outreach event in Belfast
- Composite Crash Workshop 2018
- ESR conducting school outreach in Belfast
- ESR conducting outreach at school in Turin
- ICONIC video available now
- ICONIC promoted at Advanced Engineering 2018
- ECCCS-1 promoted in EASN Newsletter October 2018