Promotion of ICONIC ITN and EU Horizon 2020 MSCA initiative in India
11th April 2018
By Monali Dahale
My name is Monali Dahale and I am one of the ICONIC Early Stage Researchers, based at Ulster University in Belfast (UK). I travelled to my home country India in April 2018 and was invited to give a presentation to promote the ICONIC ITN and EU Horizon 2020 MSCA initiative at the Institute of Chemical Technology in Mumbai on 9th April.
The main aim of my presentation was to introduce the importance of composites in the Aerospace and Automotive industry to the attending engineering students. I presented on 3D woven composites and their benefits with respect to enhancing the crashworthiness. I showed videos to provide a better understanding of crash mechanisms and how composites can help to improve the crashworthiness.
Another aspect of my presentation was to promote Engineering as a career choice after Bachelor’s studies, especially for young women. I had one-on-one discussions with some of the students on their queries about the future career prospects in Engineering.
Learn more about my background and research work within the ICONIC ITN here.
- ICONIC video available now
- ICONIC promoted at Advanced Engineering 2018
- ECCCS-1 promoted in EASN Newsletter October 2018
- Do you want to become the ICONIC Project Manager?
- Promotion of ICONIC work by CRF ESRs in Italy
- 2nd ICONIC Summer School and 4th ICONIC Project Meeting in Belfast
- Geoffrey Neale chosen for SAMPE Europe Student Symposium
- When state-of-the-art meets the classics – ECCM18 in Athens