Geoffrey Neale chosen for SAMPE Europe Student Symposium
23rd July 2018
ICONIC-affiliated PhD student Geoffrey Neale from UU was selected as one of seven finalists to attend the SAMPE UK & Éire (Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering) Annual Students’ Seminar. The event, which was held on 5th July 2018 at the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining in London (UK), boasted tough competition with participants hailing from the University of Edinburgh, University of Bristol, University of Surry, Imperial College London and Geoffrey. He gave a brief presentation entitled “3D Woven Glass Fibre Composites for Energy Absorbing Applications”, which was met with great enthusiasm by the judging panel and fellow PhD researchers.
Geoffrey was one of two researchers chosen by SAMPE to represent the UK and Ireland chapter of the society at the SAMPE Europe Student Symposium and the SAMPE Europe Conference 2018, which will be conducted in Southampton (UK) this September. The student seminar was a great experience and allowed Geoffrey to have a peak into the state-of-the-art in materials processing research happening across the UK and Ireland. As a newly inducted SAMPE member, Geoffrey is looking forward to the event in September. The prize for the best presentation at that event is an all-expenses paid invitation to the SAMPE Global Conference in Seattle, WA (USA) in 2019.
Learn more about Geoffrey Neale’s work here.
- ESR conducting outreach – BOGY (Berufsorientierung an Gymnasien)
- ESRs participating in STEM primary school outreach event in Belfast
- Composite Crash Workshop 2018
- ESR conducting school outreach in Belfast
- ESR conducting outreach at school in Turin
- ICONIC video available now
- ICONIC promoted at Advanced Engineering 2018
- ECCCS-1 promoted in EASN Newsletter October 2018