ESRs participating in STEM primary school outreach event in Belfast
28th March 2019
By Luís Filipe Tavares Portela Vasques Varandas
Myself and the rest of the ICONIC QUB PhD students (Denis Dalli, Farzaneh Hassani and Suhail Attar), participated in a STEM outreach event at Stranmillis Primary School in Belfast, UK. In total, five stations were mounted in the school promoting scientific outreach to eleven years old children, namely: i) 3D printing; ii) aircrafts; iii) composites and manufacturing; iv) biomedical; v) automobiles. Farzaneh and Suhail were situated at the composites and manufacturing station, where they briefly explained what composites are, how they are manufactured and where they are applied. Me and Denis gave a more interactive talk about automobiles in general, addressing the different materials that are used in both inner and outer parts of more conventional cars, the problems that arise with car emissions, and the role of light and strong materials in high performance cars, such as F1 cars.
- ESR conducting outreach – BOGY (Berufsorientierung an Gymnasien)
- Composite Crash Workshop 2018
- ESR conducting school outreach in Belfast
- ESR conducting outreach at school in Turin
- ICONIC video available now
- ICONIC promoted at Advanced Engineering 2018
- ECCCS-1 promoted in EASN Newsletter October 2018
- Do you want to become the ICONIC Project Manager?