ESR conducting outreach at school in Turin
17th December 2018
By Ravin Garg
On 24th October 2018, Ravin Garg, ESR 13 based at Centro Ricerche Fiat S.C.p.A. and conducting PhD studies at Politecnico di Torino, conducted a public engagement activity along with other PhD researchers from Politecnico di Torino, as part of the Science Among Youth project. The project aims to promote the diffusion of the technical culture among the young people and cultivate socially conscious scientific leaders of the future.
The activity was conducted for middle-year school students at the De Amicis School in Turin (Italy). It involved planning and conducting a STEM workshop to raise awareness and get students interested about STEM activities. Ravin Garg and his colleagues used the TWIN Kit designed by Young Guru Academy, which are Lego like DIY kits that can be configured to different modules (electric cars in this case). The group is now working to scale the project to various other schools and is trying to get companies involved. Ravin Garg was also promoting the ICONIC Project.
See below a short clip and images from the activity.
- ESR conducting school outreach in Belfast
- ICONIC video available now
- ICONIC promoted at Advanced Engineering 2018
- ECCCS-1 promoted in EASN Newsletter October 2018
- Do you want to become the ICONIC Project Manager?
- Promotion of ICONIC work by CRF ESRs in Italy
- 2nd ICONIC Summer School and 4th ICONIC Project Meeting in Belfast
- Geoffrey Neale chosen for SAMPE Europe Student Symposium